expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Feb 9, 2011

fashion inspiration: Punky Brewster

As a woman of a certain age I often am drawn to cute items that my be a bit-how you say-immature for my age. Immature for anyone over twelve really. That doesn't stop me from coveting these items. That said, I would like to point out that things that look good on children and creepy on anyone else can still inspire.

Point in case: Punky Brewster:



I love everything about this kid. Spunk? Check. Excessive layering? Check. Fun accessories? Double check.
So here is how I would do Punky:


Start out with a fun green blouse. This one from doo.ri will do splendidly. This is what we call a foundation piece. Why? I can only assume because it goes underneath everything else, much like your foundation.


Layer a white tee over your lovely green top? Make sure it is roomy enough that you don't feel like you are in a sausage casing. This one is from Splendid See? So Punky already.

For our next layer we add a red sweater vest. This one is from See by Chloe.
Isn't layering fun? Punky thinks so.

On the bottom half we keep it simple, because that's what makes us look good Punky and veers away from craft fair territory. These dark wash skinnies from Diesel will work nicely.


On de feet some lace up booties replace the high-top sneakers. These are from Jeffrey Campbell

And the icing on the cake? A flower hair accessory from The Limited keeps you fresh, funky, and oh so Punky. Enjoy!

Fashion Week starts tomorrow!!! Check back for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment