expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Apr 1, 2014

Spring Cocktail: The April Fool

Though the forecast looks promising, it still doesn't quite feel like its really spring, especially this past week when we had snow here in St. Louis. But I refuse to let something as minor as the temperature get me down. I will wear my new sandals and I will not don my winter coat again until October! To further get into the mindset of warmer weather, I have devised a trick for the taste buds: the April Fool cocktail. After one or two of these, you might swear it was June.



Crème de cassis is a liqueur made from blackcurrants, which serves to deepen the berry flavor. If you don't have any on hand, this cocktail will still taste amazing without it.

April Fool Cocktail

Ingredients:
Gin
Crème de cassis (optional)
Izze Sparkling Blackberry Soda
Lime Bitters
Blackberries
Mint

Muddle mint and a few blackberries in a glass, along with a teaspoon of Crème de cassis (if you are using) and a shot of gin. Add half a can of blackberry soda and a few dashes of lime bitters. Stir before adding ice.


Though it is called the April Fool, this sweet, but not too sweet, and refreshing beverage will be easy to drink all spring and summer long. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment