expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Jul 29, 2014

Homemade Mango Slurpees with a Kick

Earlier this summer I discovered the Mango with a Kick Slurpee™ at my neighborhood 7-Eleven. I love mango and I love Slurpees, so it was right up my alley. Unfortunately, the flavor was only available for a limited time. As it was intensely hot this past weekend in STL, I decided to make my own version. Only, instead of mango flavoring I used actual mangoes! Ready to find out how you can make one for yourself?

Homemade Mango Slurpees™ With a Kick

Ingredients:

2 cups cubed peeled ripe mango, frozen (see note below)
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups cold club soda
1 cup crushed ice
White rum (optional)

Directions:

First, chill club soda in your freezer for 15-20 minutes.

Combine the frozen mango, lime juice and zest, cayenne, sugar, and orange juice in a blender until mostly liquefied. Slowly add in the club soda a half a cup at a time, pulsing between each addition. Add the crushed ice and pulse until smooth.

Pour into glasses. To make this an adult Slurpee, add an ounce of white rum.


Note: If you don't want to go to the trouble of cutting up and freezing your own mango, you can buy frozen mango chunks from Trader Joe's!

No comments:

Post a Comment