expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Apr 14, 2015

Rhubarb Crisp

I love a good crisp. As delicious as pie is, sometimes its just too much of a hassle. This is especially true when you are trying to get spring cleaning, gardening, and running errands all done in the same weekend. If you have an extra half an hour to make dessert on such a weekend, just about the best thing you can make, in my opinion, is a rhubarb crisp. I think rhubarb must be getting more popular (or maybe more scarce?), because I had to call around to find a grocery store here in St. Louis that actually had it in stock. I hope its the former rather than the latter, otherwise I'll have to start growing my own. Gotta have my spring rhubarb crisp!


Rhubarb Crisp (From Everyday Food)

Ingredients:

2 pounds rhubarb, sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine rhubarb, sugar, and 1/4 cup flour; set aside.


In the bowl of a food processor, combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and the butter. Pulse until the butter pieces are pea-size. Add brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Pulse to combine. Sprinkle over rhubarb.

Bake until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden, 35 to 45 minutes.

I served my crisp slightly warm with homemade strawberry frozen yogurt on the side. Check back on Thursday for that recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment