expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Jun 11, 2015

Cold Brewed Iced Coffee


With a newborn at home, I'm looking for any possible ways to shorten my morning routine.  One way I've found is making a batch of cold brewed iced coffee so that I have my caffeine needs met on demand. It takes just minutes to whip up a batch that will last all week long.

Cold Brewed Iced Coffee
Makes 6 servings

6 oz (1 ½ heaping cups) medium to coarsely ground coffee
4 cups room temp water

Combine coffee and water in a glass container, Let sit at room temp for at least 12 hours and up to a day. Strain through mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter.

To serve, combine 1/2 cup of the base with equal parts water or milk and serve over ice. You can also add other flavorings, either flavored syrups, chocolate syrup, or try sweetened condensed milk instead of regular milk mixed with the base.

This makes 2 ¾ cups base, and will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.

What are your favorite ways to save time in the morning? I'm looking for more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment