expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Nov 25, 2013

White Chocolate and Peppermint Fudge

There are very few things I like more than holiday fudge. I will make it for any holiday gathering just to make sure it is available for my own consumption.


Thus it was no surprise that this year, I decided to make it for Leah's Friendsgiving Feast. I decided to mix it up a little, and in addition to the always delicious chocolate fudge, I made a white chocolate variety topped with crushed peppermint. 


 For this recipe you will need:


  • Vegetable oil, cooking spray
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 3 cups semisweet or white chocolate chips
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy


To begin, Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with two sheets of waxed or parchment paper in a crisscross manner (one lengthwise, one crosswise) so ends overhang sides of pan; coat evenly with cooking spray.In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar, salt, butter, cream, and marshmallows, stirring, until butter and marshmallows are almost melted, 5 to 6 minutes.

Bring mixture to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chips and vanilla; stir until chips are melted. Pour mixture into lined pan. 



Let fudge cool in the pan at room temperature, 3 hours. Use edges of paper to lift out fudge; place on cutting board, and remove paper. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters, or cut fudge into bars. Sprinkle evenly with crushed candy.






I also made a batch of chocolate. To do this just replace the white chocolate chips with semi sweet and skip the crushed peppermint.

Then I lined these Chinese take out style candy boxes (I found these at Michaels) with contact paper and placed the fudge in layers, each layer starting with a new square of contact paper.




I decorated my boxes with Martha Stewart brown labels and some festive fall stickers that I also found at Michaels. I think they made nice gifts, as well as making an easy takeout box for people too full from dinner and Leah's amazing pies to eat at the time. 



 Thanks again Leah and Josh for an amazing evening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment