expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Feb 17, 2014

How to Grow Out a Pixie: A Learning Curve

So I have decided to grow out this mop of mine, at least to a short bob style and then we will go from there. I know this is something many gals go through so I thought I would document the process in hopes that others can learn from my mistakes and possibly get ideas for cute ways to style an always awkward stage in hair history.

I take most of my hair growing cues from Michelle Williams, who has gone from pixie to bob flawlessly. I mean, really, she can do no wrong. She, like me, started out very short. Here she is killing it in a Louis Vuitton ad from a few months ago. She actually has a chin length bob now, but I love this in-between point. It makes me want to go blond. But I digress.





For posterity here is where I started:


And here is what I am going for:


Isn't Leigh Lezark pretty? Look how cute her bob is. This is what I want.

Anyway, Here's where I am at now. It can be so frustrating to grow out a short haircut, and I am trying hard to maintain an actual cut and avoid going through a super awkward phase.



Stay tuned for updates, and let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions. I would love to here any advice you can give me. Also, if you have pictures of your hair growing escapades, send them in. I would love to include them here in the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment