expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Feb 18, 2014

My Top 10 Favorite Looks from Rupaul's Drag Race

My favorite television show, Rupaul's Drag Race, is scheduled to return to the airwaves next Monday, and I'm super pumped. For the uninitiated, the contestants on Drag Race compete to see who has the Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent to be America's Next Drag Superstar. It's like America's Next Top Model meets Project Runway, but much, much more entertaining than either of those shows have ever been. To celebrate the return of the show, I have compiled a list of my all-time favorite looks from Drag Race. Feast your eyes on this fabulousness:

10. Jinx Monsoon:

Source: NewNowNext.com

Jinx's runway looks were always a bit costumey, so it makes sense that she killed it when it came to actual costumes, like when she played Little Edie in Snatch Game.

9. Nina Flowers:

Source: NewNowNext.com
From the very first episode, Nina was already legendary with her Adam Ant forest nymph look.

8. Raven:
Source
Source
It's really difficult for me to pick a single favorite Raven look, but I've always been fond of this luxurious afro.

7. Latrice Royale:

Source: crasstalk.com
Source: highkixx.com
I love everything about Latrice, but nothing tops the time she served Ursula the Sea Witch realness.

6. Willam:

Source: highkixx.com
Willam really seemed to come into his own on the "Float Your Boat" challenge, when he rocked some Dolce & Gabbana literally taken from the set of Sex and the City.

5. Chad Michaels:

Source: giphy.com
Source: giphy.com
I don't really see myself as the kind of girl who would like a giraffe print bodysuit with butt cutouts, but Chad Michaels sells the hell out of it.

4. Detox:

Source: eonline
One word comes to mind when I think of how Detox looked at the Season 5 finale: sickening.

3. Raja:

Source: Pinterest
Raja had too many amazing runway ensembles to choose just one, but if I had to, I think I'd go with this tribal look.

2. Sharon Needles:

Source: highkixx.com
Has a Standard Poodle ever before, or since, looked so good?

1. Rupaul



There is no question that Rupaul is the best part of Drag Race, and her amazing runway looks are only half of it. She also dispenses pearls of wisdom, such as:

“We all came into this world naked. The rest is all drag.”

and

"Love yourself, 'cause if you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?"

Can I get an amen?

Do not miss the Season 6 premiere on February 24th of Rupaul's Drag Race on Logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment