expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Jul 7, 2014

Fashion Inspiration: Tilda Swinton in Snowpiercer

Last night James and I watched Snowpiercer, a dystopian science fiction thriller directed by Joon-Ho Bong, the Korean Director known for "The Host." While I enjoyed the film for what it was, an over the top feast for the eyes with some semi-serious acting issues, my favorite part was definitely Tilda Swinton as the Minister of the Train. I mean, when is Tilda not the best part of any movie she's in, am I right?


 In addition to Swinton's engrossing performance, her style was on point! While characters from the rear of the train (foot) are garbed in dingy steam-punk attire, and those from the front (head) wear colorful Gatsby-esque cocktail ensembles, it was Swinton's Minister's blend of Korean dictator-meets-seventies-glamourpuss that resonated with me.


And though I could spend a month's worth of posts on Tilda's looks, both on and off screen, I have decided to focus on a look inspired by her dictator-chic attire in Snowpiercer. Here's my look inspired by Tilda Swinton as The Minister of the Train:


1. Military Jacket by Burberry 2. Glasses by Yves Saint Laurent 3. Pink Fur Coat by Saint Laurent 4. Platform Oxfords by Jil Sander 5. Leather Shorts by Saint Laurent.

No comments:

Post a Comment