expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Jul 25, 2014

Road Test: Makeup Brush Cleaner vs Shampoo


I have been needing to clean out my cosmetic brushes for quite some time, but hey, I've been busy. This week when I finally got around to doing it, I realized how many brushes I have and how little brush soap was left in my bottle. Needless to say I was in no mood to run to the mall just for a little brush cleanser. Then I remembered that a friend working in the cosmetics industry told me I could use shampoo to clean out my makeup brushes. I thought it would be a perfect chance to test the shampoo against my remaining cleanser.


Specifically, I used Trish McEvoy brush cleaner and Suave Clarifying shampoo. In general they both did an adequate job. The shampoo had more of a fragrance, which I guess is good or bad depending on your skin's sensitivity level. I found that the shampoo did a better job of cleaning the brush handles, and definitely seemed to get my light colored brushes cleaner, but it did take forever to wash the foam from the bristles, which may explain the whiter whites. I thought the brush cleaner was a little faster at cleaning out a foundation brush, of which I have two. Otherwise I really didn't notice a huge difference between the two, and will definitely be saving some dollars on cosmetic brush cleaner in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment