expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Aug 22, 2014

Fun Shelf Styling Ideas

I have a lot of books, like a ton. Accordingly, I have many book shelves on which to keep them. Recently, my mother gave me two of her beautiful library-style book shelves with glass doors, and for once in my life I have more shelving than books. This is great because I also have a lot of tchotchkes, those random knick-knacks we women (and fellas) tend to accumulate. Now the question is how to style the books and baubles together in a way that is pleasing to the eye, yet sensible to those perusing my library.
Oh Happy Day



Obviously, I went to the web in search for inspiration. I found so many great ideas that I thought I would share some of them with you.



I really like how these two DIY'ers used wall paper on the back of the shelves to add flare. It's especially nice if your light on books/items to put on your shelving.


This one has a really nice blend of books, knick-knacks, and plants. The blog it originated on is gone, well, wherever blogs go when they are wiped from the internet, but you get the idea.


I really like the addition of shutters on this one. It could be a fairly easy DIY if you had built in shelving.


Incorporating baskets is a great way to store thinks that aren't as visually pleasing! I hope this has been as inspiring and helpful to you as it was to me. I would love to see pictures of your styled shelves in the comments!

Oh, here's what I ended up doing. I'm thinking of painting the shelves a dark color, navy maybe. What do you think?








No comments:

Post a Comment