expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sep 15, 2014

Pizza Margherita!


One of my favorite things to eat is the classic margherita pizza. I love the freshness of the tomatoes mixed with gooey mozzarella and the bright note of fresh basil. With tomato season winding down, I have been trying to incorporate them into any dish I can. But this one is definitely my go-to when I want a sure-bet! Read on for my recipe for pizza margherita...


You will need:

1 pizza crust (try my easy recipe here)
2-3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 fresh mozzarella ball
3-4 large cloves garlic
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small hand full fresh chopped basil
1 teaspoon sea salt

To begin, preheat your oven to 450. If you are using a pizza stone, put it in while the oven heats. I also like to put my garlic in the oven at this point. Leave the shell on and place the cloves on a small pan (or on your stone). By the time the oven is heated, they should be perfectly roasted.

Slice your tomatoes and mozzarella about 1/4 inch thick, I find that a bread knife is terrific for cutting both the fruit and the cheese. Remove the garlic shells and slice lengthwise.

Roll out your pizza dough. Place the crust on the stone or your pan and bake for three minutes. Remove from oven and dress with your toppings, starting with the tomatoes. I like to salt the tomatoes before adding the cheese, but that's up to you. After the tomatoes, add your cheese. Then drizzle with olive oil and top with the roasted garlic.

Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes, give or take, depending on your oven. Remove from oven, top with remaining salt and fresh basil, slice it up, and you are ready to eat! For best results, pair with your favorite red wine.

Buon appetito!

Oh yes, and please take a moment to vote for us in the STLFW Blog Awards. We are nominated for "Best Fashion Blog," but please write us in for any category you think we excel at!



No comments:

Post a Comment