expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Mar 5, 2015

Feeling Fishy


It's March, my favorite month of the year and also my birthday month. Like many born in March (and late February), I am a Pisces. The astrological symbol for Pisces is two fish swimming in opposite directions, so it is quite appropriate then that fish scales are one of my favorite design motifs.


1. Raw Silk Pillow from West Elm
2. Fish Scale Gold China from Scully & Scully
3. Fish Trivet from Zara Home
4. Scalloped Hide Rug from Serena & Lily
5. Fish Scale Lamp from Chairish
6. Scales Bowl from Zara Home
7. Capiz Scalloped Chandelier from Serena & Lily
8. Orleans Leaf End Table from All+Modern
9. Scallop Plates from Wisteria
10. Scales Embroidered Pillow from All+Modern
11. Fish Scale Mirror from Stray Dog Designs
12. Mount Temple Wallpaper from Fabrics & Papers
13. Elliott Chair from Kelly Wearstler
14. Fish Scale Frame from World Market

Fish scales always make me think of one of my favorite Oscar looks ever, Marion Cotillard in Gaultier from 2008.

Source
Though seven years have passed this dress looks as enchanting as ever. Proof that fish scales have staying power! Need more? How about Angelica Houston's Oscar Dress from 1975.

Source
Gorgeous right? I would wear this dress right now, if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment