expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Dec 31, 2013

Makeup Roundup

I have gone through a few fazes with my cosmetics this year. My skin has been all over the place and I have needed to compensate by figuring out what makeup works best for me. After all that work I thought I would share with you which necessities I have found to work best for my complexion, which FYI, happens to be combination.




Here I am, wearing most of the following products. If you look close, you can't miss Franklin mean-mugging me in the background.

For skin basics, such as foundation and concealer, I like to stick with Bobby Brown. After trying various products on my not so compliant complexion, hers seem to give the most natural looking coverage.

I like the Foundation Stick, the Creamy Concealer, and the Sheer Loose Powder for my base.


I use her Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks to add a rosy glow. 


All of these products are available from Sephora. I recommend stopping into a store vs. buying on line so that an associate can help you match your foundation.

As for eye makeup, I tend to lean towards MAC. I love the variety of eye makeup shades, and their mascara is fantastic. Plus, they always have neato collaborations with cool kids like Ru Paul and Rhianna to get excited about.

For Mascara I swear by MAC's In Extreme Dimension 3D Blacklash, seen here:



It gives me tons of length and the cool brush rarely causes clumpage. As for shadow, I'm currently super into their high-pigmented eyeshadow in Goldmine. Both products are available at any MAC counter or through www.maccosmetics.com.

When it comes to lip products I will try anything. I mean anything. From drugstore bargain bin lip balm to high end makeup counter gloss, to cheer-friendly lip pencils, it really could be anything. But in this picture I am wearing YSL Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes in Fucshia Fugitive, also available at Sephora.

So there you have it. My makeup go-tos. I hope that this is of some help to those of you, who, like me, flounder when coming to makeup decisions. I know that some of these may be pricier options than you are used to, but, at least as far as foundation goes, you get your money back ten fold, and it lasts for-eh-vor.

No comments:

Post a Comment