expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Jun 9, 2014

Fashion Inspiration: Orange is the New Black

As you may or not know, the second season of Orange is the New Black became available on Netflix last Friday. I have had a busy weekend of baby showering and traveling or I probably would have it finished by now. As it is, my full schedule has forced me to watch television like a normal human being, and I am only a couple episodes in. Let me just say that once again I am hooked.


Whether you find yourself identifying with scorned Russian mob wife Red, waspy basket case Piper, or fun loving Tastee, you can't help but find someone you empathize with. It's what makes the show so addictive and keeps the schmaltzy bits from turning you off.


The girls seem like real people. Yes they have committed crimes, but hey, it's a tough world out there and shit happens. Though you may not understand what makes the criminal mind tick, there are very basic human emotions that underscore every twisted decision these women have made. It's this ingrained humanity that makes OITNB accessible to almost anyone, and I highly recommend that you add it to your Netflix cue if you haven't already.


In honor of the second season premiere, I have curated a fun look inspired by the bold orange prison uniform that piper wears. I am always a fan of bright, monochromatic looks, so this was a no brainer for me.  I hope you like:


1. M Missoni top 2. Jean Paul Gaultier trouser 3. McQ Alexander McQueen necklace 4. Charlotte Olympia clutch 5. See by Chloe city sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment