expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sep 17, 2014

WTF Wednesday

Well, it's Wednesday again. Humpday. I always find that I have the hardest time picking out an outfit on Wednesday. On Monday, I've had all weekend in my casual garb, and I am refreshed, looking at my work wardrobe with clear eyes. Tuesday, I just wear whatever my second choice for Monday happened to be. But by Wednesday, my pre-selected looks are tapped out and I'm not yet close enough to the weekend to care about a day-to-evening ensemble. Sad. Well, unfortunately I'm not here to give you Wednesday fashion inspiration, but I can give you a little insight as to what not to do. Read on to see which celebrities screwed the pooch on the red carpet this week:


Is it just me, or does Dakota Fanning look like a lampshade here? I actually don't mind this dress, but her styling is atrocious. Her hair is just hanging in her face, it's triangular shape only adding to the lampshade effect. And the business casual shoe and clutch just don't jibe with the girly Saint Laurent frock.


Rooney Mara looks puritanical in this drab, ill-fitting dress. It reminds me of something someone would wear in one of the poor districts in the Hunger Games. The length of the sleeves is so bizarre, it's all I can do not to stare at her weird severed hands.


I think it's a bit odd how often Kim wears clothing that matches her flesh tone so perfectly. Maybe it's a subtle nod to the sex-tape scandal that threw her into the limelight. I keep waiting for her to wear one of those nude-suits, like in a Lady Godiva costume. Make it happen, Kim.


Winona Ryder looks like she's having a hard time leaving her 90's roots behind, which would actually put her on trend if her look was more referential and less dead-on. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much this looks like a perfect shop-lifting outfit. That said, Ryder is still gorgeous, and I really want her to go back to her pixie. Maybe we should start a write in campaign...


I don't know what's worse, this weird drapey Marchesa dress, or Malone's crazed Mad Hatter expression. Never mind, it's definitely the expression.


Lindsay Lohan still looks insane.


This outfit is so cougary. I can't get over how much Sienna Miller resembles a Rock of Love contestant here.


This cigarette girl-esque number really truncates the slender actress. The proportions are all off, and the styling makes this already twee dress look like a Zooey Deschanel costume.

That's all I've got. I hope everyone's week is going splendidly. As always, let me know in the comments if you think I am in the wrong on any of these looks.

And don't forget to vote for us in the STLFW Blog Awards. Voting ends Friday, so vote now or forever hold your peas.





No comments:

Post a Comment