expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

May 13, 2014

Pretty Planter Boxes

With the unusually cool weather we've had this spring, and a packed schedule in April, I've been a bit behind on my yard chores. Luckily, it really doesn't take much time to create a lovely planter box arrangement.



Geraniums are a great choice for planter boxes. Here in Missouri they are considered an annual, but they bloom year after year in warmer climates if overwintered properly. I prefer to plant white ones around my back porch and patio area; since white reflects light they are more visible (and therefore more enjoyable) than other flowers are in the evening, which tends to be the time of day I am mostly likely to be outside in the summer. You'll want to be sure to plant your geraniums in a spot where they will get at least 5-6 hours of sunlight a day.


I used asparagus ferns in my boxes for a little extra greenery. If subject to too much sun, asparagus fern will yellow, so plant them in a partly shaded area.

I found all of the supplies I needed, including the planter boxes, at Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment